19 September 2009

my love affair with curry

no, not that curry. ew. i love pretty much every color, as long as it's intense. i don't really go for pastels- i went through a light blue phase in high school (which my mother hated- hey, it could have been a lot worse, mom), and i think it ruined me for any pastel forever... that's ok, though, there are so many more to love and drool over. for instance, curry yellow. it is my current favorite color. i even painted and re-painted (actually, my wonderful husband painted and re-painted) my new 'workspace' this color. it's yummy, you can put almost any color with it and it goes. navy and curry is a safe fav, but i love the funky fuchsia and curry combo even more... anywho, when wrapping presents, i always have to put just as much time into this as the actual gift. i really don't like gift bags, i just really appreciate a box wrapped with beautiful paper and ribbon... one of my good friends is getting married in a little under a month and her colors are deep red and gold. so, in following with these colors and the fall theme, this is how i wrapped her gift for tonight's lingerie (oo la la!) shower:

i'm going to go ahead and toot my own horn a little and say doesn't this look dynamite?! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful gift wrapping. Impressive. I wish I could do that.

Mel's Mom

Momya said...

so so crafty :)!

Anonymous said...

What's wrong with light blue Ahhhh-hemmm I believe that's the color you were in on my wedding day?! ;)