20 September 2009

happy birthday bf

i was told the other night that i should put other things on my blog besides my adorable children. not that this certain person doesn't want to see my adorable children, but it is always good to spice things up. so this one's for you, bf.

it's my best friend's birthday today. and i don't know where to start. it's a fine line between saying what is deserved and total cheese. because i know her, and i know the total cheese would not be appreciated, i'm going to try my best. she turns 28 today, the day before i do. i bet she's freaking out, now that we're only 2 years away from 30... i am too, a little. but i think the two of us will always be driving to juco together, giving each other what passers-by probably thought were gang signs, but were just numbers for the radio stations we wanted the other one to turn to... that's normal, right? so in honor of her birthday, and in an attempt to bring more than just babies to my blog, here are:

28 reasons i love my bf.

1. went proudly to the 'n sync concert with me in college- and made shirts!
2. talks faster than anyone i know, and i think i'm the only one who keeps up
3. her spanish accent is impeccable (sally hansen?)
4. is even more of a hopeless romantic than i
5. her knowledge of the movies is endless
6. waited almost 28 years, but i think she finally found it
7. drove a car that leaked oil all the way from kansas to california
8. can tell me what i'm eating over the phone
9. comes from a family who loves her, but doesn't fully understand or appreciate her
10. made the first years of college two of the best of my life
11. is still wondering, along with me, where the hell peter cetera was?!?
12. bought a toyota, even though they wanted her to buy a ford.
13. is the only one that knows what was playing one of several times i got a speeding ticket
14. loves sex and the city, but not the movie.
15. knows why a person needs 2! bathroom doors
16. is the only person i know who honestly can't catch a break
17. although i think things are lookin' up
18. loves passionately
19. harmonizes almost as much as i do
20. although she's in hollywood because it's where she needs to be, she'll never be a typical 'l.a. girl'... and may i say thank GOD for that.
21. wasn't with me on our 21st birthdays, something neither one of us wants to think about
22. is a vegetarian, but on a very rare day, might crave a burger
23. designed my engagement ring
24. is someone with whom i've laughed the hardest in my life. ever.
25. will interrupt a shower for her broken-hearted bf
26. made a life-altering decision to move to los angeles because she knew she had to, and sometimes forgets how freaking amazing that is.
27. was born only a couple of hours before me
28. is the female version of my soulmate, or more simply put: my person. *

i heart you buddy...

*except, of course, my husband. :)

2 comments:

JB and Jane said...

aw so sweet. Happy Birthday Jen!
working on the break for you.

;-)

you guys can't freak out until you are 3 years from 40 like me.

Anonymous said...

3 & 11.....?
Kari

Happy Bday Jen