13 December 2008

an update...

sorry it's been a bit, but we managed to break our laptop with wireless capabilities on it, so i haven't had a chance to get on here...  luckily, my sister em came by and saved me by letting me borrow hers.  so the last you all read was that i was off everything and there was a good chance i was going to go home.  yeeeaaah, not exactly what happened, but at least this post isn't one introducing our little ones!  we're still here, because as soon as the mag was out of my system, my body decided it wasn't quite ready to go home yet.  i started contracting again, and i got a medicine called terbutaline to help stop them.  and it worked wonderfully, even though it made me feel like poo in the process.  but that was ok, the contractions stopped.  so that was wednesday night, i needed that med again thursday morning, then again thursday night.  the thing about re-medicating me like that, even though it works, is that it can increase the risk of complications to ME, such as pulmonary edema.  at this point, i'm thinking, so?, who the hell cares? it works, just keep giving it to me until i start having trouble breathing, then we'll cross that bridge!  yeah, doesn't work like that, i guess... :)  but luckily, although i thought i was starting up again friday morning, it stopped and i haven't had any pattern of contractions since thursday night.  yea!  so my doctor's not back until monday, and not any of his partners that will round on me today or sunday can make the decision to send me home.  and although i'm a little bit hesitant to do that, just because it's comforting being here just in case something happens, it really would be better for me to be home...  i just have to behave and continue NOT DOING ANYTHING for the next couple of days and then maybe he'll think about it.  we'll see, we just have to wait and see...  so maybe now stay tuned for updates from my bed at home, and keep your fingers crossed that my doctor's feeling particularly santa claus-y... :)

1 comment:

melanie said...

Hang in there! We are thinking of you.
Miss you!!