11 August 2008

when will i feel better?

i'm really trying not to feel sorry for myself today, but it's been kinda rough.  i keep telling myself to be grateful and not to complain (my family and husband would laugh at that), but for these next few short minutes, i'm ditching that.   i am so sick and tired of eating.  it was pretty much one of my favorite things to do before these babes, and i can't even stand the thought of it now.  i can't tell you how many times i eat and 15 minutes later, i have to eat something again.  laura told me when i was still in fresno that she felt like her baby was not really a baby, just a leech.  to be honest, i thought that was a little mean, but i've come around to the idea and agreed.  i think i made the mistake at 6 weeks to think that how i was feeling then was going to be how i was going to feel for the rest of my first trimester, but oh no, not the case at all.  and it differs every single day. every single minute!  i can wake up two different days, eat the exact same thing, and on one day, be totally fine and the next, throw up everything until about 3 in the afternoon... what is that?!  i don't know, but i'm 13 weeks tomorrow and i'm ready for this part to be over.  my poor husband is having a hard time- i don't know if it's because from week 6-9 he was still in fresno and didn't get to ease into the yuckiness with me, or if it's because he's a guy and can't empathize (obviously, he can't do that, but you know what i mean).  but he's definitely getting super tired of me not caring about the state of our house, which still has lots of work to be done.  and i don't care about any of it.  you should see our bedroom.  all of his clothes are still in boxes, mine are all put away, but only because my mother did it, our mattress is on the floor because our bed isn't here yet, etcera, etcera, etcera...  and now i have to go to work, which i've been doing full time for the past 4 weeks and for all of you who know, i'm not really used to- it's kicking my you-know-what!  but hopefully, after this week, i go down to per diem (and we're so well-staffed, they don't need me more than 3 a month!- imagine that:)) and my schedule will hopefully slow down a bit so i can have more energy to help out around here.  oh, and i forgot to mention that i cried today because my big dog ate my little dog's food when i wasn't looking- how awesome is that? :) i apologize for all the negativity, but this is what these are for, right?  i needed to vent.  now i go back to being the sweet, eternally grateful, pregnant w/twins girl who is beyond excited to get to her second trimester!!

1 comment:

Brianne said...

Lily,
Chalk it all up to hormones...the icky feelings, the emotional stuff...all of it. You can't control it and it's ok to vent. We all know how much you love these babies and how grateful you are to be carrying them. I'd like to say it will get better but I don't know that for sure. I really hope it does though. Love ya, talk to you soon, Brianne