20 August 2008

did i really make it?

okay, i don't want to speak too soon, because just my luck, my ickiness will come back and bite me in the arse, but i think i might be on the road to feeling better.  if there was a way to convey that i was whispering that as if noone could hear me, i would type it like that.  but yesterday, my little ones and i became 14 weeks!!!!!!!!!  yea for second trimester!!!  and the day before, i had gone to see an acupuncturist (for my nausea/vomiting and general aches and pains).  i saw him a couple times last summer when we were still "trying" and he's very typical, i guess, for their culture.  he doesn't really beat around the bush, just tells it like it is.  which i definitely appreciate, usually being the same way myself, but not always do i agree.  those of you who read my infertility blog remember how he said, more or less, that i was overweight, depressed and sexually frustrated.  :) but this time, i told him when i booked the appt. that i was pregnant, so he knew when i walked in.  and proceeded to say, you looka vedy tiuhd.   very tired. :)  thanks, how much do i owe you?  anyway, so he did some points to give me energy and also some herbs to take to help with the nausea and vomiting.  i've taken those for the past two days, and i don't know if it's the pills, the acupuncture, the fact that i'm 14 weeks and finally i'm getting a break, but i don't really care: i feel better.  and i'm not going to go on about it b/c i don't want to jinx anything. :)  so please cross your fingers that it lasts and that my future posts are filled with optimism and pictures of expanding bellies and little babies!!!!!!

3 comments:

melanie said...

Yay for feeling better! Yay for being in the second trimester! Can't wait for more pics

Miss you so much!

Love you lots

Melanie xxx

The Brautigams said...

I'm so glad that you are feeling better! I'm at 16wks now and don't feel so sick anymore, just very tired! I miss you so much and I hope all is well! I think of you often and wish you were here to grab lunch or whatever! It's just not the same without you! Take care and I hope to talk to you soon! xoxo Lo

Hayley said...

I'm so glad to hear that you're feeling better. I remember counting down the weeks til I would feel better and it's so nice when you hit that magic number!!!! I hope it lasts:) Miss you tons and can't wait to see more pics of that growing belly!