02 August 2008

i think i mighta popped...

so today, i'm 11 weeks and 4 days.  i've been in colorado with my family (feeling so much better because it was cool and dry- exactly the opposite of kansas), not really paying attention to what i'm wearing.  we got back on thursday and, of course, i haven't done the laundry yet (again, people, still don't have much energy!) and i made plans to have lunch with one of my good friends from high school.  so i'm rushing around trying to figure out what to wear, still look halfway decent and NOT end up looking like a beached whale (which is what the stage i'm in right now has been labeled by me), and decided on this shirt and my gaucho pants that will stretch to no end. :) exactly the idea.  and this is what i discovered:


i think this was the day my body decided it was no longer going to be bloated by the ovarian cysts i had (which have shrunk to half their size :)) and make my uterus the reason for it all.  it's just weird and funny to adjust to being just almost 12 weeks and already showing! i know, i know, i have two babies, but it's still weird.  i don't feel like i should be having to adjust my wardrobe yet.  but i guess i should get used to all the new changes that are about to come... all i can say is, thank God for elastic waistbands and my friends who have lent me their maternity clothes- THANK YOU!! :)

4 comments:

Tiffany said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tiffany said...

I was fully in maternity clothes by 13 weeks wih both pregnancies. The pregnancy always started to feel more real when I was showing.

Susie-Lynn said...

what a beautifull belly Lily... like you it's took us a while to get pregnant so all my friends had the time to make one or two babies. So they gave me all their maternity clothes and some stuff for my baby ;) We are lucky in our missfortune.

Susie-Lynn
xxx

The Brautigams said...

ohhh you are so cute with a lil belly bump! I can honestly say I know how you feel! Amen for elastic! I miss you very much and we need to catch up! I'm always afraid to call you at the wrong time, or if you are sleeping, etc. I'm just gonna go for it, worse case we play phone tag! Miss you lots! Take care of you and the belly!