10 November 2008

a hobbit to watch over me...

as in the gershwin tune, someone to watch over me... i know, sometimes i'm a little out there. but this little guy was a gift (a birthday gift for me for the babies) from my mom.  there is a store called the dolphin song that mainly sells pottery, but also baby/children's gifts, yarn, books, etc... there is no 'plastic crap' that i love to hate so much, just cute little toys like this one- lots of wooden products, just more along the lines of what i love for kids.  so she saw this and really loved it- it's a little house w/a tiny gnome (dwarf, hobbit?) in it... it looks big in the picture, but it's only about 6 or so inches tall...
we decided it would be perfect in the babies' nursery to watch over them. we're just trying to figure out where we can put it so it can watch over both babies... some people have guardian angels, i guess we have guardian gnomes... :)

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

you and plastic toys-you crack me up!!!