21 September 2010

today i...

1. turned 29 at approximately 12:30 this morning
2. was lucky enough to get to stay in bed while my husband got up with the babies
3. have a cleaning lady deep cleaning my house bottom to top! talk about the best present ever.
4. am trying to save all my calories (am dieting since the whole 'acupuncturist telling me i was a fatty' thing happened) for the denver chocolate sheet cake i will be eating tonight
5. was not, however, able to pass up french macarons from andre's
6. i mean, really- who would be?
7. am grateful not to be getting scared or depressed or anything about almost being thirty
8. because, as jessica simpson said, 24 is almost 25 which is almost 30 - which means i'd be sunk if i cared
9. hope that i end up like my mom in many ways, except the fact that she'd rather wear baggy everything just to be comfortable
10. have a feeling that that will come anyway, hopefully later rather than sooner
11. am wondering if anyone besides ricki lake and uncle joey from full house has my same birthday
12. am wishing my bf and i could once, maybe once, celebrate our birthdays together
13. am really, really grateful that i have no friends or family who use LOL or OMG seriously in a conversation
14. probably sounded snobby saying that
15. am excited to pick the boys up from "school"
16. enjoyed staying in bed watched the pilots of the united states of tara and the big C
17. think toni collette is a genius actress
18. and john corbett will forever be aidan to me, therefore, perfect.
19. was told by bryan that i shouldn't be excited about my birthday present, but more so for my anniversary present (october 17), which he already has bought.
20. he is good.
21. finished liam and finn's 'baby books'
22. put that in quotes because it's just pictures with my own captions
23. don't go very well with the normal baby books that make me describe all of my inner feelings and such
24. am excited that they're almost 2, and i finally finished!
25. can't wait for another birthday dinner tomorrow night with good friends
26. wish the weather was more september-like: i.e. cool. fall-like. requiring long sleeves, maybe? ugh.
27. global warming is not a myth, people!
28. don't really like the number 29 (i'm a weirdo)
29. will not let it affect my 29th year.  happy birthday to me!

6 comments:

kristina said...

OMG love the list, i'm LOL! ;-)

on a serious note, you suck that you've already completed the baby books. still working on paige's... uh, and claire's.

Anonymous said...

Bonne fĂȘte!!!

Mel's Mom

Tiffany said...

I have been thinking about you today! Hope your day is fabulous. The boys are adorable and you are wwwaaaayyy more on top of every thing than I am. I have not completed anything. Feels like its been forever. Miss you.

kristina said...

ah, geez- i didn't even say happy birthday!! sounds like it's been a great day!

kate said...

you look 1 day over 28.
OMG
happy birthday-enjoy!!!!!!

JB and Jane said...

happy happy birthday lily!!
I cant believe you finished the baby books. Mine will prob. be done when the girls turn 29. If they are lucky.