29 October 2008

they never cease to amaze...

well, we had our 24 week appointment this morning and... lots of things!  we'll start with breakfast: a small bottle of very sweet orange soda.  go figure, i liked it! :)  i couldn't eat anything else, so i welcomed something- believe me, i could've had to eat a lot worse... so we stocked up on almonds, and apple and granola bar and went in.  it's nice, they have the result of the test by the time i saw the doc and... NO GESTATIONAL DIABETES!!!! yay!!!  so that was good to know.  then came the ultrasound- we told the tech we didn't want to know, as we have to every time- and because i had maybe seen something last time on chuck (baby A), i really was hesitant to look even when she told me it was ok.  but of course, it's totally impossible not to and we ended up getting some really good pictures.  these babies are just amazing!  last appointment, they were both vertex (head down), this time, chuck had stayed put and ned decided to be breech.  i go back and forth between wanting to deliver vaginally and by c-section, i'm currently in a c-section phase, so that was ok that ned was breech.  but we'll just have to see what they are when the time comes.  she did all the measurements and everything was right on schedule- they both have legs that are measuring about a week ahead- and we've all seen their noses, so based on these two things, we know they are definitely storks :)...  they both weigh (according to the scan, which she said can be up to a half of a pound off either way) 1 pound and 10 ounces! exactly the same :).  their heart rates were both 153 at the second she was measuring, but by the time my doctor listened to them, chuck was 140s and ned was 160s.  and super super active- maybe the sugar rush had something to do with that... :)  

as for mama, i'm doing well- i had a little protein in my urine, but that was probably because i hadn't had any water to drink, i've gained 8 pounds, so 19 pounds altogether, blood pressure's good (120/80- which i never trust when they give me that exact number, but at least it's not higher).  they had drawn an H&H w/my glucose and i guess i'm still borderline with my hematocrit- he didn't tell me what my hemoglobin was (bryan said some docs are hemoglobin docs and some are hematocrit docs, so he must be the latter), but he does still want me to keep taking my iron.  my uterus, according to him, is measuring 34 weeks! but bryan and i both think he's aiming a little too high on my belly- i don't ever think he's wrong about anything, but i feel the top of my uterus and from where he was, i think he's about 2cm off and we're measuring about 32 weeks.  and of course, he said that was ok. as for the final part of my appt., he checked my cervix and closed and thick, baby!!  he did say it was anterior, which i would rather it be posterior, but he said it was fine- he does say everything is fine, but i trust him and i know what's going on, so we're good.  

okay, okay, baby pictures!!! :):)

so as you can see, pretty perfect! stay tuned- i promise, later tonight, we will have some belly pictures up! hope you're all good! :):)

3 comments:

Susie-Lynn said...

wow... so cute.. perfect babies...
xxx

melanie said...

I love that ned is sucking his thumb! They are beautiful and I cannot wait to meet them

JB and Jane said...

look at those perfect little faces! so adorable!!