18 November 2010

a mini rant

i'm not a religious person.  i'm one of those "more spiritual than religious still trying to figure it all out" people.  we were raised in a methodist church, but it was mostly because my dad was the organist there.  he was methodist growing up, and my mom was raised catholic.  she has a simple outlook on life, she's pretty logical about things, and she follows and teaches the golden rule.  so i don't have a lot of rules or certain way things have to be when pertaining to religion.  however, one thing that i can honestly say that i hate (i know, it's such a strong word) is when we abbreviate christmas.  and how did the letter X get to be the abbreviation?  it goes along with me never using LOL or OMG or anything abbreviated, but this particular one really chaps my hide.  and i can't really say it's for religious reasons, i just don't like it.  i'd prefer to keep the christ in christmas.  thank you.

thunk. (me, stepping down from soapbox.)

No comments: