31 July 2009

our first vacation

well, i think i can say our first vacation/airplane rides were successful.  like most people, the biggest thing we were worried about was the airplane- being those people with the screaming baby.  wait, two screaming babies!  however, except for a 20 minute meltdown courtesy of a very tired finn, i think they did wonderfully... bryan had to pull out the DVD player (in case of emergency and LAST resort) only once for liam, who surprisingly was ok with sitting for as long as he had to.  these babies just continue to amaze- they're seven months old and becoming little people!  sleeping through the night, eating yummy food like sweet potatoes and bananas (not at the same time), swinging at the park, getting teeth-  we're having a lot of fun with them :)  we tell ourselves almost every day that we're pretty lucky- i think having two babies at once could have been a lot worse...  here are a few pictures of our vacation!!

liam, enjoying his space while we were in denver waiting for our flight to reno

our new nephew, ben ~ one month old

my brother pat~finn~liam
their future's so bright...

my younger sister molly and liam

hanging out after breakfast in lake tahoe

totally planning something...

big boy finn kind of sitting up

my older sister kate w/ben, molly w/finn, myself w/liam 
~ at the pool ~

finn getting a bath in the sink :)

my great family, from left to right
sean, mom, pat, kate, lily w/ben, dad, molly, and bryan!
the boys had already gone down for the night... :)

sweet liam- if you look closely, you can see his two bottom teeth!!!

2 comments:

Jennifer Mullinax said...

Oh Lily~ They are so handsome!! I can't belive they are 6 months already. Call me...I want to take picture of them...6-9 months is my favorite age. No session fee....just call!! :) Much love, Jen

JB and Jane said...

Everytime I see a new post I think....these boys can't possibly get any cuter...and yet they do!
They are so adorable, I love their smiles!