02 July 2009

half year-olds!!

so my little guys are six months old! although it has sometimes seemed like we would never get to this point, the time has flown...  my mom and i were remembering that one year ago at almost exactly this time, we, i'm sorry- I was driving a u-haul with my car on a hitch all the way home from fresno... she, stuffing my face so i wouldn't get nauseous; me, eating gas station lemon drops like there was no tomorrow.  approximately 1700 miles... a drive i'll hopefully never have to do again.  so fast forward through the end of a mild summer, the beginning of a new job for bryan and an old one for me, bedrest between thanksgiving and christmas, a surprise delivery the day after christmas, a quick stay in the NICU, winter turning to summer without much of a spring, and here we are!! six months... we had our appointment on tuesday- they're on the charts for their weight, height, and head circumference for non-adjusted age!! finn is finally weighing more than liam at 15 pounds 5 ounces, while liam comes in right behind at 15# 2.  the doc said neuro-developmentally, they're both on track and are doing pretty much what 6-month olds should be doing : )... yea!  we have the green light to start solid foods anytime, and in the next two months, should slowly get to eating 3 times a day!  as a little present to myself for having to make food for two babies (yes, i'm going to make it because jarred baby food tastes like poo), i bought the beaba babycook.  i understand that i probably fell prey to marketing (which i'm guilty for a lot), but it's so cute and compact and can do lots of neat things to fruit, veggies, meat, and even fish!  i'll let you know how it goes... meanwhile, here are some pics of the guys enjoying life!! the first one i took on my phone, but liam's got such a cute look on his face, i had to include it!

going to the pediatrician's office in our sweet hats
 from jane, camille, and evelyn

saddle up!

he's got one of the greatest smiles...

love! this one

our first time in a pool!! we loved it...

2 comments:

JB and Jane said...

I love these pictures! oh that pool shot, it puts a big smile on my face...and the sunglasses... too cute!!

Brianne said...

They are so unbelievably cute Lily!!! I just love their little faces. I can't wait to one day see them in person. This is such a fun age! Hope all is well